When a Child Abuse Report is Filed in Orange County, California

Some professionals are mandated by law to report suspected abuse when coming in contact with children. If you receive a visit from Child Protective Services (CPS), then it can be upsetting and confusing for a parent. Whether your child is removed from the home, you will have to attend a court hearing. Read on to find out how to respond to a child abuse report.

Visit from a Social Worker

A CPS Emergency Response social worker will meet with you and your children to evaluate the situation. He or she may contact you to arrange a visit or show up unannounced. These meetings usually take place in the home and the social worker will do a home assessment. At this point, you should talk to a juvenile dependency lawyer in Orange County, CA, about your concerns.

Talk to Other People

Your social worker may talk to other people who may know your child. These people include teachers, family members, and doctors. During the assessment, the social worker will ask questions to determine if your child is safe.

Attend Court Hearing

It helps to find a juvenile dependency lawyer in Orange County, CA, for your first court hearing. After the home assessment, the social worker will determine if the reports of abuse are true. He or she also will provide the judge and lawyers with a petition of allegations before the hearing. If your child has been removed, the judge will decide if your child can return home.

A report to CPS does not mean you are a bad parent. You should take this opportunity to receive information and services to strengthen your family. Contact ALL Trial Lawyers – CPS Lawyers at www.alltriallawyers.com for a consultation today.

Be the first to like.